Transparency and Sustainability
Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience (ACHUCARRO), according to our internal policies, the laws and recommendations for the Non-for-profit organisations and the will of our Board of Trustees, wants to provide open and accessible information and data on our activities and operations.
We are currently working to improve the quantity and quality of data provided here, so the Society could increase its awareness on the objectives and actions we develop, and thus we can contribute also to the sustainability of our project.
ACHUCARRO is a foundation under the Basque and Spanish laws.
Find the record of ACHUCARRO at the Basque Registry for Foundations, managed by the Basque Government: http://www.jusap.ejgv.euskadi.net/r47-edukireg/es/contenidos/fundacion/f338/es_def/index.shtml
Under the Basque and Spanish laws, foundations are governed by a Board of Trustees (Patronato). This foundation is an joint and strategic initiative of our founding partners.
Board of Trustees
- President: the Vice President of Ikerbasque, currently, Prof. Adolfo Morais
- Vice President: the Vice Rector for Research of the University of the Basque Country, currently, Prof. Jose Luis Martin
- Secretary: the Vice Rector for Scientific Development and Transference of the University of the Basque Country, currently, Prof. Arturo Muga
- Chair: the Secretary of Ikerbasque, currently, Prof. Amaia Esquisabel
- Chair: the Chief of Service of Neurology in the University Hospital of Cruces - Basque Health Authority, currently, Alfredo Rodríguez-Antigüedad (representing the Basque Foundation for Health Innovation and Research, BIOEF)
ACHUCARRO is an organization committed with Equality.
Among others, we are aware that inequalities happen and can happen in many different aspects and environments, so we also have an open policy on recruitment and assessment of scientific talent.
ANNUAL REPORTS, ACCOUNTS AND AUDITS
- Annual Report 2017 | Annual Audit Report and Accounts 2017
- Annual Report 2016 | Annual Audit Report and Accounts 2016
- Annual Report 2015 | Annual Audit Report and Accounts 2015
- Annual Report 2014 | Annual Audit Report and Accounts 2014
ACHUCARRO endorses the national and regional laws concerning public procurement and has complementarily set a public Procurement Policy to ensure accountable procurement processes. You can also visit our Contractor Profile in you wish further information about present and past contracts.