Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience (ACHUCARRO), a unique research centre established in Bilbao, organises a new concept of advanced training course for researchers already working or interested in the vibrant field of Glial cells.
The approach of this School is to foster close interactions between the speakers (mentors) and the students, and inspire the elaboration of new collaborations/projects during a three-day course consisting of:
- Practical demonstrations of state-of-the-art techniques
- Brainstorming sessions (in groups) for designing an innovative research project
Our speakers/mentor for this edition are:
- Luc Pellerin (University of Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Alexej Verkhratsky (U. Manchester, UK & Achucarro, Basque Country)
- Elena Alberdi (Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience, Basque Country)
- Ádam Dénes (Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungary)
- Diego Gómez-Nicola (University of Southampton, UK)
- Maria Domercq (Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience, Basque Country)
- Anne Baron Evercooren (ICM - Brain and Spine Institute, France)
- Maria Cecilia Angulo (INSERM U1128, Paris, France)
- Susana Mato (Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience, Basque Country)
Radial glia and Stem Cells:
- Helena Mira (IBV-CSIC)
- Noelia Urban (IMBA, Vienna, Austria)
- José Ramón Pineda (Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience, Basque Country)
The main goal of this School is to combine cutting edge science and leisure activities in a relaxed environment (so ideas can naturally blossom) by fostering close interaction, mentoring, and networking with leading researchers in the field of glial biology.
You can also download the poster to help us disseminating this training opportunity.
Carlos Matute, José R. Pineda, Amanda Sierra and Vanja Tepavcevic -- Achucarro Basque Center for Neuroscience & UPV/EHU.
| || |
June (Wed) 27 to (Fri) 29, 2018
Atalaia Claret Residence
A very convenient space near to our headquarters and the campus of the University
Total: 400 €
Deposit of 200€ for selected applicants before Feb 28th 2018
Sep 15th Registration opens
Nov 30th Registration closes
Jan 19th Communication to selected applicants
Feb 28th Deadline for paying deposit
Apr 30th Communication of grants
June 8th Deadline for final payment